Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turner Falls











I had a busy week this past week. Fiddler on the Roof Wednesday night, Austin Thursday night, and camping in Oklahoma Friday to Monday night. Fiddler was amazing! After Topol sang "If I were a rich man," I leaned over to Linda and said, "this is one of the greatest moments of my life!" She said, "this is the best thing I've ever done with my life." lol. So true!!

Camping was nice. Turner Falls was beautiful!!! Unfortnately, the people were not so much fun. I got there in the early afternoon Friday, and it was wonderful. Saturday the place started getting packed. It looked like a refugee camp. All day Saturday, I listened to about 7 or 8 different people's radios playing full blast at the same time. Tejano music, country music, southern rock, non-stop. We couldn't even hear each other in our own campsite. We tried to take a nap, but I just couldn't. Finally at 10, (no noise hour), I called the police at the front desk. 10:30 and still no cops. Adam went over to the loudest and closest people and shined a flash light in their faces and told them to keep the music down. 10:45 and still no cops, but lots of other people with music. I screamed "TURN THE MUSIC OFF!!!!" Some people did. For the first time all day, my head stopped hurting. Unfortunately, Sunday morning at 7:30am, we were awakened to the same cacaphony as the day before. But this time we were no longer putting up with it. I don't even remember how many times we called the police total (they never did do anything about it) but we ended up screaming at a lot of people. Fortunately, people started going home Sunday and it gradually got a little better. The falls were beautiful, the swimming was fun, the food was great. All in all, it was a great trip.

0 comments: