Sunday, May 3, 2009

Arlen Specter - what the hell?

Don't get me wrong..... I think the very idea of 2 political parties is detrimental to our democratic process. It wasn't designed that way and didn't even really come about until John Adam's presidency when Jefferson cut away politically from Adams and Hamilton. And I certainly would never chastise anyone for ever realizing their political views were wrong and changing to try to be better, or realizing that the party they are involved in has moved away from their values and making a change. But all the explanations I've seen Arlen Specter give for joining the Democratic party just make me hang my head in disappointment. Apparently, he has changed parties because he doesn't believe he could win a Republican primary in 2010 and to save his own butt and his 30 year career, he's changed parties. How can I possibly respect that? We all know that politics is all a big game and politicians are only in it for their own careers and don't really care about issues, or their constituents, or the United States as a whole....but can't we just pretend that's not true. Don't come out and hold a press conference and admit it!! Let's just try and remain delusional as long as possible and think that our lawmakers are actually motivated by making the world a better place.....just for a little longer.

4 comments:

Adam Hensen said...

Great post.
This changes the one thing I knew about Arlen Specter.

probst said...

One politician said on TV that he had received numerous Emails from the folks back home with 97 percent saying don't you dare vote for all that spending. Very proudly, he said "I voted for it anyway". That proves that they are out for themselves instead of the people they represent.

Yvonne Dixon said...

Once again, this only validates my opinion. We need to get ALL politicians out and get the average Joe in there. Seriously. The good ol' USA needs a good colon cleansing.

Ladyfox said...

If I start thinking about all that nonsense I get all freaked out. The world is one big complicated mess. I'll stick to my little bubble and pray that nothing pops it. (yeah right!)