Saturday, May 2, 2009

My car has cancer :(

Well, I'm hoping that a long horrible journey with my car will finally come to an end today. My car has been on the verge of death for almost 3 months. Back in February, it started losing power when I accelerated. Of course, I don't know anything about cars so I took the logical action....ignore it and hope it goes away. That didn't work out so well. It ended up totally locking up and cost me $2000 to even get it running again, not to mention I almost lost my job for having to call in. (They weren't very forgiving of emergencies there). Turns out, it was my catalytic converter. Also turns out, the catalytic converters on 2002 Monte Carlos go bad a lot and Chevy extended the warranty on them so everything would have been completely covered for free if I had just taken it in. But I don't like thinking about that. I've put 3 converters on the car since then and they keep going bad. Earlier this month, I totally gave up on the car and tried to trade it in for a new one. I had bought a brand new Kia and had it for about a week when they called to have me come in to discuss my financing. So I show up at the dealership and they say they want thousands more for a down payment or I can take my old car back. Can you believe that?!?! So once again, I was stuck with my car. I took it to a Chevy dealer yesterday and had them make a few repairs and finally (after taking it to 7 different places) they gave me an actual list of what is actually wrong with the car. Most of it was stuff Sterling can do!!!! So I'm here at the parent's house waiting for Sterling to come and save my car's life. I'm trying not to get too excited but the fact that I might be able to wake up tomorrow with all of this just a distant memory is just too exciting. Wish us luck! Get well soon Monte Carlo!

6 comments:

Yvonne Dixon said...

Well, the Doctor isn't in. Sterling, that is. He kind of flaked out on us. Craig and Ryan are desperately trying to get it fixed tonight but the tornado sirens won't shut up! Hope Monte is going to be OK.

Adam Hensen said...

I commented on this today, but my comment was deleted.
Hope you get it fixed.
What would CHevy had paid for?

Adam Hensen said...

will chevy reimburse you at all?

probst said...

Sorry about Monte. I have discovered that when something quits ya gotta fix it or you will be stranded.

Bethany said...

They would have paid the thousand dollars for a new converter and it never would have gotten so bad that my whole engine locked up. Live and learn. Of course, they're not paying for anything but I'm still going to write a letter to GM. Can't hurt.

Bethany said...

A big thank you to Craig and Ryan for fixing my car in the middle of a tornado siren last night. The garage may have flooded but my car is finally running great. I thought it wasn't possible. Hooray!