Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

I was reading everyone's wonderful tributes to my mom on her birthday and all I could think was, "how am I ever going to be able to express how much I love my mom in the same way?" I have very limited internet capabilities and no access to any of my pictures or videos because my computer is out of commission. I do have a few random pictures on my photobucket but like Adam, I wasn't able to find very many with my mom in them. I started to think......that actually made a lot of sense. In our photos, like in life, my mom is usually behind the scenes, away from the attention, loving and supporting everyone through the best and worst moments of their lives. So really I thought the best tribute I could give my mom, would not be posting pics of us together, but posting pics of wonderful moments in our lives that all happened because of her. These moments are all possible because of her love and sacrifices, but she's not even in the pictures. She's doing what she always does - loving us, supporting us, and making sure all the rest of us are having a great time.

Here is my brother, the day he married the love of his life:

Photobucket

Here's me, the day I achieved the biggest goal I had ever set for myself.

Photobucket

Here's the new floor she helped me install in my newly purchased home.

Photobucket

Here's her granddaughter, discovering a rolly polly on one of her first camping trips.

Sophia camping 07

Here are all her children, playing cards and waiting patiently for their first niece.

waiting for Sophia

Here's everyone enjoying a camping trip together.

Family vacation 05

Here are her children, again playing cards, this time waiting for Christmas morning.

Christmas 04

Here's her son, on Prom night with his date.

Dennis' prom

Here's her daughter, the first day she drove a car by herself.

first time to drive

Here's her son and granddaughter, anxiously watching their newest family member at the hospital.

Photobucket

Here's her daughter about to lose a chicken fight to her other (more awesome) daughter.

Photobucket

And here are four kids.....who sure are lucky she's their mom.

Adam, Dennis, Linda, Bethany 1990

I love you mom! Happy Birthday!

0 comments: